Well... Last week my group did an oral presentation on our project. It was basically an analysis of the level of awareness of NUS students on the pollution levels of the various beaches in Singapore and their efforts (if any) in improving the situation. The purpose of this post is for me to reflect on that oral presentation, and for me to highlight what I thought were my strengths and weaknesses.
To begin with, the PowerPoint presentation itself was done in a rush, at least on my part. This was due to the time constraint which my group members and I had to work around. We did try to exchange our presentation slot with another group but since it was the end of the semester, everyone was equally busy with last minute assignments and final year projects. I remember completing the slides just the day before our actual presentation. Given the time constraint, I guess our slides turned out fairly decent.
Secondly, on our actual oral presentation, I thought we had our ups and downs. For me personally, I thought I was alright. Definitely not my best performance but not my worst as well. The time constraint applied to the preparation of the oral part of the presentation too I guess. I realized I was repeating the problem statement and our objectives quite a number of times. I guess I was just collecting my thoughts on the next point. At times, I realized I was going a little too fast as well which is a habit I tend to have when I'm presenting. However, I think I overcame it a little later on in the presentation.
On the whole I think my confidence level grew as the presentation went on. I am a person who needs to get into my own zone before I really get comfortable and I usually need a little time for that. I think my group members did really well and I'm definitely proud of them.

Hey Dhinesh,
ReplyDeleteYour presentation was good and you looked very confident as usual. You did not made any reference to any notes. But sometimes you had the tendency to read directly on the slides.
Good luck for your future man, hope to see you in a Tamil movie soon...haha